[Koha-devel] How we can input a very large field

Andrés Tarallo tarallo at ort.edu.uy
Wed May 25 11:01:05 CEST 2005

We are making some fixes into our production instalation. We noticed
that the input field in cataloging only allows 255 characters and is an
input field. We have currently resume fields that are much larger than
that (about 3000 characters).

We re trying to develop a way to make our templates aware of the fact
that a field is large enough to be better input in a text field insted
of an input field. We want to develop something more generic.

An idea we have: having in the system preferences a list of fields that
may contain large values. When we're about displaying an input field we
should take into account the systems  preferences.

We will accept your fedback, we hope we can contribute this back to the CVS.

Andres