[Koha-devel] How we can input a very large field

Paul POULAIN paul.poulain at free.fr
Thu May 26 04:47:58 CEST 2005

Andrés Tarallo a écrit :
> Albert:
>
> The solution you are proposig seem to be very clean. For doing that some
> fieldos should be blobs. However in the current DB Schema is not clear
> to me that this can be done. On the other hand searches in blobs could
> be very slow.
> Andres

The DB scheme & Koha perl code supports fields > 255 char. The problem
was only in HTML that had a limit to 255. In marc_words, there is a
bloblink field. It's field only if the entry is >255 char. In this case,
the bloblink contains the number of the blob in marc_blob file.
With this, you have fields <255 easily accessible & other still managed.
Note that with marc_word structure all words are indexed, so
SearchMarc.pm can deal with any size with indexed performances.

Hope it's clear.

--
Paul POULAIN