[Koha-devel] Why is itemtype a part of biblioitems ?

Sylvain Machefert smachefert at doxulting.fr
Tue Sep 20 08:24:08 CEST 2005

Hi all,
trying to configure koha for a library, I come across some problems. In its actual configuration the library has many itemtypes which help it to configure issuing rules. For example there is a type adult book and a type children book. Borrowers in an adult category can borrow items from children "branch" but children can't borrow from adult branch. My problem is that I have to check the total of "books" borrowed by a member to be sure it doesn't exceed the maximum he can borrow. In koha if I want to define a type children book and a type adult book, I get problems for some biblio like Harry Potter (grrrr) which are in both branches !

Up to now I have created four branches (Printed Children, Printed Adult, Multimedia Children, Multimedia adult) in which I'll configure the rights but I can't see how I'll be able to check the total easily (issuing rules are a little bit complicated).

I must admit my mail must be unclear but I can't figure how to solve my problem, I'm getting angry after koha ! :)

Sylvain