[Koha-devel] Itemtype and MARC21 Quandry

Chris Cormack chris at katipo.co.nz
Fri Sep 30 18:40:24 CEST 2005

Sylvain Machefert wrote:

>Hi all,
>I sent a mail one week ago about this same problem for a library who has
>books for adults and books for children with different issuing rules but the
>same notice. I'm in favour of linking the itemptype to the item, not to the
>biblioitem.
>
>hope there'll be an elegant fix for that ...

Hi All

I honestly dont think this is the problem, whether the itemtype is on
items, or biblioitems.
The problem is that the import is only making 1 biblioitem.

If you have a MARC record that contains multiple record types, you
should get 1 biblio -> multiple biblioitems -> multiple items.

This is not what is happening, and this is what is causing the problems.
So we need to fix this.

Chris