[Koha-devel] QA manager

Paul POULAIN paul.poulain at free.fr
Mon Apr 3 11:52:17 CEST 2006

Joshua Ferraro a écrit :
> I think in general you're right, our customers often play the role of
> beta testers for the specific modules that we are developing for them.
> However, I can't tell you how many times a developer has written
> something that works perfectly for _their_ client, but it also breaks
> some function that someone else's client needs (for instance, budget-
> based acquisitions have been broken no less than 3 times).
>
> So, what this means is that the customer can't be the only beta tester.
> We need someone to take a broad overview and make sure _all_ functions
> are working before a release.
>
> Paul, Chris, Russ, anyone have any further comments on this?

yes : this will become harder and harder, as we will have more and more
libraries using Koha.That'a also why I strongly suggest to my costomers
to use an official Koha release, and not use local templates for
librarian interface.

And i will continue this way, as it proves that it's the best one to
find where a bug comes from : it always comes from Koha, not from the
local templates !
--
Paul POULAIN et Henri Damien LAURENT
Consultants indépendants