[Koha-devel] Koha Foundation

MJ Ray mjr at phonecoop.coop
Fri Apr 7 08:27:03 CEST 2006

Paul POULAIN <paul.poulain at free.fr>
> Another reason to have a foundation :
> I know many libraries that have out dated computers, waiting power-off=20
> in the cellars.
> I also know many libraries in Africa that could be interested by such=20
> computers, with Koha (server or client -firefox-) installed.

There are already charities doing that which maybe we could
partner, if you're interested. From what I hear, it's hard
enough for them to track the masses of rules and regulations in
reprocessing computers.  I think it would be a large distraction
for a Koha foundation to try to do it ourselves. It could
probably end up a PC-recycling foundation with Koha tacked on.

Best wishes,
--
MJ Ray - personal email, see http://mjr.towers.org.uk/email.html
Work: http://www.ttllp.co.uk/  irc.oftc.net/slef  Jabber/SIP ask