[Koha-devel] addbiblio & cloneTag

Paul POULAIN paul.poulain at free.fr
Fri Apr 7 14:03:17 CEST 2006

Hello all,

A few days ago I have introduced a cloneTag javascript for cloning tags,
like the cloneSubfield is cloning subfields in the MARC editor.

It did not work well for authorities entries : the authority reported
was based on the hardcoded number of the subfield with the ...

I rewrote it and now, it's better :
there is a <div id="tagXXX"> for each tag. The report is done on every
subfields under the <div id="tagXXX">

A last problem remains :
the "tagXXX" is hardcoded in the openAuth entry. So when you duplicate a
field, the ... still points to the 1st entry "tagXXX".
You can search an authority, but if you report it, it's reported to the
1st tag in the biblio !
(the duplicated tag has a <div id="tagXXtagXX">)

I see 2 possibilities to solve this :
- rename the link when cloning the tag
- calculate the id of the <div id="tagXX"> only when the user clic on
the ...

But I don't see how to solve this problem. I'm happy with what I learned
(thx to joshua for some useful links), but i'm still a dummy at
javascript & would be happy if someone could take the ball & fix it
definetly.

hint :
addbiblio.pl, line 188 is where the link (...) is builded, it's not in
the template, don't look at it here ;-)

PS : I won't release 2.4.0 until this problem is fixed. We also have a
problem with MARC21/UNIMARC and unicode/iso8859-1, that kados should
look at soon.
--
Paul POULAIN et Henri Damien LAURENT
Consultants indépendants