[Koha-devel] template system abuse

Pierrick LE GALL pierrick at koha-fr.org
Thu Apr 13 18:03:54 CEST 2006

On Thu, 13 Apr 2006 11:46:57 -0400
Owen Leonard <oleonard at athenscounty.lib.oh.us> wrote:

> > > [...] What about leaving both options open?  Have the script
> > > create the URL variable but also make all the individual variables
> > > available for use?
> >
> > Well, it seems to be a huge work in my opinion. Do you suggest we do
> > this for every href of a template? I don't say you proposition is
> > not interesting, I believe it is not feasible.
>
> I make my suggestion assuming that the creation of the URL variable
> is the additional work that will be necessary. We're already using
> the other method. So if we want to /add/ something to the mix it's
> not extra work to leave the other stuff in place ... is it?

I didn't think my proposition as a replacement for existing templates.
I was thinking of next screens or redesigned screens. As in the
make_URL function I propose, we give the list of key/value parameters,
no extra work to add it to template params :-).

my $url_base = 'script.pl';
my $url_params = [
    {key => 'key1', val => 'val1'},
    {key => 'key2', val => 'val2'},
    {key => 'key3', val => 'val3'},
];

$template->param(
    url => make_url(
        $url_base,
        $url_params
    ),
    base_url => $url_base,
    url_params => $url_params,
);

Owen, would that be a solution for new or renewed templates?

--
Pierrick LE GALL
INEO media system