[Koha-devel] KohaCon (may 2nd & 3rd) notes & questions

Nathan Gray kolibrie at southernvirginia.edu
Fri Apr 21 14:39:52 CEST 2006

On Fri, Apr 21, 2006 at 10:54:32AM +0100, MJ Ray wrote:
> Paul POULAIN <paul.poulain at free.fr>
> > * The meeting will be registered on a videotape (VHS). Does someone from=20
> > us have the tools to transfer it to a mpg4 or something that can be put=20
> > on the net ?
>
> Please can we use Ogg Theora?  I don't have a tv capture card,
> but I will try to get one if no-one else has one. Let me know.

The best video to computer solution I've found so far is via DV
(either a DV camcorder or hardware video to DV encoder) to firewire.
I use much less CPU pulling in DV over firewire than from a capture
card.  I also drop quite a few frames with capture cards, and never
drop any with firewire.

I agree that Ogg Theora is a nice format.  There is a tool to convert
straight from DV to Theora from FFMPEG called ffmpeg2theora.  It may
convert from other formats, too.

-kolibrie