[Koha-devel] Unicode and Fonts

Joshua Ferraro jmf at liblime.com
Fri Aug 4 16:01:17 CEST 2006

Hi all,

I've been working to determine which fonts work best for
all browsers/OSes when using UTF-8 and I ran across this email:

http://lists.indexdata.dk/pipermail/yazlist/2006-April/001586.html

That suggests: font-family: Lucida Grande, Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif;

I've tried it and it does seem to be the best option. I propose
that NPL templates in rel_2_2 switch to this font and in Koha 2.4/3.0
we use it as well.

The current NPL font-family setting doesn't work well for geko-based
browsers on OSX (combined characters in particular aren't displayed
combined (and the second character is often represented as a box)
in Arial or sans-serif).

Any comments?