[Koha-devel] New feature for Koha (2.2) : website checking

Paul POULAIN paul.poulain at free.fr
Mon Aug 7 16:30:36 CEST 2006

Hi,

In Unimarc, the 856$e provides the "hour and date of access", which is
the last time the URL has been checked.
A library of mine asked me : could this information be updated
automatically (say each week, for example).

The answer being yes, I will ask Antoine to add it during the next
weeks. It should be quite easy to add :

- use LWP;
- search in the DB (marc_subfield_table) every 856$a value
- query the URL (in 856$a)
- if $rec->is_success => update the 856$e value
The idea being to have something that can run in a crontab (ie : silently)

A small report to show all electronic values not working since more than
X days could also be added.

PS : in MARC21, 856$e don't exist, and there is no "hour and date of
access". I think it could be harmless to use is as well ;-)
--
Paul POULAIN et Henri Damien LAURENT
Consultants indépendants