[Koha-devel] Koha 3, new features local "includes" directory

Paul POULAIN paul.poulain at free.fr
Fri Aug 11 12:21:38 CEST 2006

Hello,

During the dev_week, in May, we spoke of a new method to have
personalized templates.
the idea being to have something more easy to changes than a full theme
of templates.
It's very hard to keep a full set of templates uptodate, the
difficulties we have with default & npl on rel_2_2 branch show clearly
this !

HTML::Template is really smart : it contains a TMPL_INCLUDE pragma that
can be used to import outside templates. The directories where the
templates are taken from is defined when you open the template.

We have divided our PROG templates in different conceptual parts :

* the header, in doc_head_open.inc & doc_head_close.inc (we have 2 so we
can put a <title> in it)
* the main menu, in menus.inc
* the module menu, in menu-modulename.inc. Each module (acquisition,
cataloguing, authorities, circulation, members, serials, parameters,
tools, reports...) has it's own included file.
* the main part of the page : it's specific to each template.
* the footer, in intranet-bottom.inc

I just have added a systempreference, called "intranet_includes" that
let you define the directory where the included files will be taken
from. by default, it's the "includes" directory. BUT, if you modify the
value to "includes_npl", you'll arrive to something that look like the
npl templates (roughly, it's just a Proof of Concept).
--
Paul POULAIN et Henri Damien LAURENT
Consultants indépendants