[Koha-devel] zebraop commented [for joshua 1st]

Paul POULAIN paul.poulain at free.fr
Wed Dec 6 12:07:13 CET 2006

Hi again,

Joshua, you told me yesterday that the commenting of zebraop (*) in
dev_week was not a bug, but due to a problem with _zconn in Koha (that
looses the connection we don't know why) + it seems that updates are
long on large databases.

Thus, for adding/updating biblios/items, NPL uses update_items script,
running once a day (and thus having a zebra DB uptodate only once a day,
which can be considered as a shame, even if not blocking)

SAN-OP will go live in january, 3rd, and will do large test (library
closed to public, everybody working/testing koha) on dec, 14th, to I
thought it could be a good idea to investigate the problem during those
tests.

Joshua told me that NPL uses zebra 1.x, and SAN-OP will use zebra 2.0,
so maybe it could solve the problem.

Here is my question : how do we know that the update/insert went wrong ?
an internal server error ? an error in the log ? nothing, just being
unable to find the added/modified biblio/item ?
Did the problem occur once a week or once every hour ? did they notice
it occurs more on heavy load or any particular situation ?

I'll report here the result of SAN-OP tests. Hoping zebra 2.x will solve it.

(*) zebraop is the sub that is called when a biblio/item is
added/updated/modified.
--
Paul POULAIN et Henri Damien LAURENT
Consultants indépendants