[Koha-devel] Improvements forecast in 2.2.6

Russel Garlick russel at katipo.co.nz
Fri Feb 3 00:55:07 CET 2006

Hi Henri

We are about to start some work on Serials for a corporate library.

We plan to follow your lead in making the functionality we develop
system preferences.

What you are proposing to do is great, we hope to build on it with the
functionality we are working on.

> Serials Management
> ------------------------------
> Adding a YesNo system preference (say SerialaddItems) in order to add
> items on issue reception for a serials.
> If this syspref is set to 1 (Yes), when managing reception of an issue,
> a new line (under number would come out and propose to input item
> information such as :
> - barcode,
> - homebranch (holdingbranch would be the same),
> - itemcallnumber (if managed in items tab),
> - items.status (if items.notforloan manage in item tab),
> - location (if managed in items tab)
> (The issue number would be stored into items.notes.)

We are working on

Routing Lists
---------------------------------
We plan to make this an option in preferences

Routing lists on Yes/No

http://wiki.liblime.com/doku.php?id=kohaserialsspec#routing_list
http://wiki.liblime.com/doku.php?id=kohaserialsspec#adding_a_new_staff_member_to_a_serial_routing_list

Claims
---------------------------------
Our client would like to set claims per publication.

So once again

Serial Claims Yes/No
If yes - set a default.

Then in the information about the individual serial provide a mechanism
to override the default.

http://wiki.liblime.com/doku.php?id=kohaserialsspec#claim_cycle
http://wiki.liblime.com/doku.php?id=kohaserialsspec#claiming_a_missing_issue

Frequency Module
---------------------------------

Our client has requested that we simplify how the frequency/volume
numbering is calculated.

What we would like to do is once again is have a system preference

Serial Frequency  Custom (use the existing system) or Simple (the one we
are going to develop

http://wiki.liblime.com/doku.php?id=kohaserialsspec#publication_pattern_codes

Our interface will use drop downs etc. As such it will be more
restrictive than the system Paul(?) developed. So once again for each
serial Item there will be the option to override and use the Custom method.

We'll try and keep you up to date as we proceed.

Cheers

--

Russel Garlick
Operations Manager