[Koha-devel] zebra config problem (still 0, yes, really 0 !)

Paul POULAIN paul.poulain at free.fr
Thu Feb 9 12:02:11 CET 2006

Hello the list,

This time it seems zebra work for both indexing and search. The last
blocking problem was... a space in recordId: (bib1,Identifier-standard)
just after the comma. Adam agreed it was a bug, and it should be solved
soon. But now we are aware, we can avoid putting the space !

I've commited all what is needed to setup a working zebra DB in Unimarc
(in misc/migration_tools and /zebra directories) :

* collection.abs is UNIMARC specific and must be rewritten for MARC21,
in marc21 directory

* pdf.properties is to be copied unmodified in the marc21 directory (can
also be put somewhere else)

* rebuild_zebra.pl is SLOW, but 1 step reindexing tool, using ZOOM

* rebuild_zebra_idx is FAST, but 2 step reindexing tool, and does not
use zebra. run it, it will create all biblios XML files in
/zebra/biblios directory, then zebraidx update biblios in your zebra
directory

* zebra.cfg is the zebra config file ;-)

* test_cql2rpn.pl is a script that will query the database and show the
results. Works for me, just change the query at the beginning to get
answers you expect.

What has to be done :
* benchmarking : it seems the zebraidx update is faster than lightning
(400biblios/sec : 10 000biblios in 25seconds), while ZOOM indexing is
slow (something like 25biblios/second) More benchmarking could be done.
* completing collection.abs for UNIMARC. I'll take care of it.
* modifying Biblio.pm to use ZOOM instead of the "zebraidx through exec"
running actually. I'll take care of it also.
* modify the search API & tools & screens. I'll let the ball to someone
else (chris ?) for this. I agree SearchMarc.pm can be dropped and
replaced by something else (maybe a new-and-clean Search.pm package)
--
Paul POULAIN et Henri Damien LAURENT
Consultants indépendants