[Koha-devel] Serial Subscriptions questions

Paul POULAIN paul.poulain at free.fr
Fri Feb 24 17:23:39 CET 2006

Robert Lyon a écrit :
> Hello All,

Hello Robert,

> I have two quick questions about the add subscription page for serial
> subscriptions
> 1) The subscription length fields:
> - is their purpose to indicate to koha when a subscription is to end?

yes.

> - if so does koha warn in any way that the subscription is to end/has
> ended?

you can't recieve an issue when the subscription has ended.
What would be better even would be to be able to have a systempref to
warn you X issues/weeks/montsh BEFORE the expiry. Hélas, I never made
the sub that could do that.

> 2) It looks as though a subscription is worked out for a biblio and
> items are added to that biblio is that correct?

yes.

> - What happens if a subscription's biblio has multiple groups how does
> handle this?
it does not, as, in MARC=ON, there is always 1 biblio = 1 bibioitem, so
I don't have the problem.

--
Paul POULAIN et Henri Damien LAURENT
Consultants indépendants