[Koha-devel] www.koha-fr.org, new look

Paul POULAIN paul.poulain at free.fr
Thu Jan 26 09:37:39 CET 2006

Russel Garlick a écrit :
> I think we need to make it clear that Koha is the product of a project
> and is *not* what appears to be a company or other entity. So following
> this train of though the Koha template should not be used by individual
> companies to promote their own services. There are no Koha franchises or
> official Koha regions given to individual companies to exploit.
>
> I was under the impression that Paul and Henri were taking the content
> of the koha.org site, which is all in English. And translating it into
> French to make it more accessible for this audience. I welcome any
> attempt to make the Koha message avaible in different languages and more
> accessible. If anyone wants to take the content of the site and
> translate it into any other language, great! lets talk :-)

I 100% agree with you. "Local sites" should be seen as
"language-localized site" and nothing else.

I explain what we tried to do with koha-fr.org :
* At the very beginning I had a fr.koha.org, with katipo tools, on
katipo server. The problem being that, travelling the world for every
request was really slow. so I decided to go to koha-fr.org, with a
server physically in france.
* At 1st, it was a strict copy of koha.org (koha.org lists all companies
supporting Koha commercially, i'm listed on koha.org as well as on
koha-fr.org in fact ;-) )
* Then, I thought it could be a good place for some news. Thus we added
a "what's new" corner.
* Then, I got many questions from some (canadian) libraries. I answered
all of them, and thought it could be interesting to put them public.
What could be the best place ? koha-fr.org, of course. Thus, I added a
"features" corner, with each module (acquisition, cataloguing,
circulation...) being detailled, with a FAQ for each of them.
* Finally, I was asked for some very specific tricks, and added a "Koha
hints" corner (that has only a few pages, but I expect it will grow)

Now, I think we have a site that could last for some time. Henri-Damien
and I can write on it, but also Daniel, from Canada (he wrote only 1
page iirc). Any other french volunteer can request a login to be a writter.

--
Paul POULAIN et Henri Damien LAURENT
Consultants indépendants