[Koha-devel] zebra config files : about default.idx

Mike Taylor mike at miketaylor.org.uk
Mon Jul 24 16:40:25 CEST 2006

Joshua Ferraro writes:
>> In fact, there is a default.idx file in /usr/local/share/zebra, and
>> my zebra-biblio.cfg had :
>> profilePath:${srcdir:-.}:/usr/local/share/idzebra/tab/:/home/paul/koha.dev/dev_week/zebraplugin/zebradb/biblios/tab/:${srcdir:-.}/tab/
>>
>> I inverted my path and /usr/local :
>>
>> profilePath:${srcdir:-.}:/home/paul/koha.dev/dev_week/zebraplugin/zebradb/biblios/tab/:/usr/local/share/idzebra/tab/:${srcdir:-.}/tab/
>>
>> and ... it works.
>> Thus, it seems that profilePath directories are solved : "the 1st that
>> fits is choosen" instead of "the last that fits has won" (like for
>> cascading stylesheets for example)

Correct.

>> So my 2 questions :
>> * did you encounter this problem and had the same conclusion ?
>> * don't you think it could be reported as a problem to indexdata ?
>> * isn't the wiki wrong on this ? (I can change it if you confirm)
>>
>> and yes, I know, that's 3 questions ;-)
> I have encountered that problem, yes. I have not confirmed your
> solution, but I will and I will also write ID and ask them if it's
> a bug or a feature. And yes, please make a note on the wiki.

This is not a bug.  It is the standard interpretation of what "path"
means in every context I can think of: the PATH environment variable
that chooses which commands to run in Unix, the MANPATH environment
variable that finds documentation, the include paths made by -I
command-line options to GCC, Perl and other tools.

Is Paul saying that the Zebra documentation is in error here?  If so,
please point us toi the place, and we'll fix it.

/o ) \/  Mike Taylor  <mike at miketaylor.org.uk>  http://www.miketaylor.org.uk
)_v__/\  "Baroque music is like an Agatha Christie novel: you always sort
	 of know what's going to happen" -- Sarah Bickers.