[Koha-devel] Frameworks in rel_2_2

Joshua Ferraro jmf at liblime.com
Wed Jul 26 21:14:19 CEST 2006

Hi Paul,

Mainly a question for you. It looks to me like it's possible in
rel_2_2 to define different mappings to the koha tables for
different frameworks such that the editor ends up saving data
to different fields depending on the definition. However, I don't
see any search facility that uses frameworks to discover which
fields to search. As a result, if you create an record using a
framework that has mappings that disagree with the default
framework, I'm assuming that the fields won't be searchable.
If I'm correct, then we need to either: not allow frameworks to
disagree on koha mappings or create a way to search using the
alternate frameworks (seems very difficult).

Let me know what you think ...

Cheers,