[Koha-devel] Frameworks in rel_2_2

Tümer Garip tgarip at neu.edu.tr
Thu Jul 27 05:23:51 CEST 2006

Hi all,
I think the framework idea was quite fine but has been taken to the
extreme. If frame works were used just as subsets of the default just to
allow the cataloger to see the necessary fields depending on what they
are cataloguing than its a wonderful idea. But the way it is being used
is messing everything up. I suggest we keep the frameworks but change
the usability to just closing and opening fields for editor purposes.
Apart from that everything should be mapped in the default framework
otherwise nobody will be able to search anything. Even with the new
koha_attr table. That one i designed it so that it only looks in the
default framewok if ever it need to lookup, otherwise god knows who
wants to store where.

So just simply remove the kohafield mapping from child frameworks and we
can go ahead designing this new API. We may run into more problems later
on if we just map title,author and itemtype when somebody comes who
wants some other unusual field displayed on their serachresult templates
later on.

Well thats another cent of idea

Cheers
Tumer