[Koha-devel] Frameworks in rel_2_2

Paul POULAIN paul.poulain at free.fr
Mon Jul 31 12:22:40 CEST 2006

Tümer Garip a écrit :
> Hi all,
> I think the framework idea was quite fine but has been taken to the
> extreme. If frame works were used just as subsets of the default just to
> allow the cataloger to see the necessary fields depending on what they
> are cataloguing than its a wonderful idea. But the way it is being used
> is messing everything up. I suggest we keep the frameworks but change
> the usability to just closing and opening fields for editor purposes.
> Apart from that everything should be mapped in the default framework
> otherwise nobody will be able to search anything. Even with the new
> koha_attr table. That one i designed it so that it only looks in the
> default framewok if ever it need to lookup, otherwise god knows who
> wants to store where.

Tumer is completly right here : I just want to remind you that the
frameworks did not exist in Koha 2.0. when I created them for 2.2, I go
the the quickest -shame on me-, and just added a row in the structure
tables, to select the framework.
but in real life, the only interesting values in frameworks are the tab
& the hidden ones (+ constraints like authorities, authorized values &
plugins) All the values related to search construction are useless. More
(or worst) than this, they are ignored if you modify them outside from
default framework.
If you modify a non default framework, you'll see that 1 (and only 1, we
should have more probably) field don't appear, you get a "this is
meaningful only for default value)

For Koha 3, we could, it's true, separate frameworks (= display & input)
from search setup (attset ...)

--
Paul POULAIN et Henri Damien LAURENT
Consultants indépendants