[Koha-devel] RE: MARC Label in English

Ambrose Li acli at ada.dhs.org
Sat Mar 11 17:38:31 CET 2006

If the UNIMARC stuff need to be translated to English, I can try to do it; but I will need some directions since I haven't done anything related to Koha or library science for months (sorry again).

If it is just the labels, I envision that we can convert the original strings to English, and let the normal translation process convert it back to French. Back when the Chinese translation was still worked on, this seemed to have the intended effect (translating the French strings to Chinese); the only problem with keeping original strings in French is that it can't be translated to English because English is not a real locale (it's more like the "default" locale).

Or maybe someone might have a better idea.