[Koha-devel] Koha 2.2.6 = version numbering + Roadmap

Paul POULAIN paul.poulain at free.fr
Wed Mar 8 13:55:33 CET 2006

Pierrick LE GALL a écrit :
> Hi koha-devel,
>
> On Tue, 07 Mar 2006 18:15:50 +0100
> Paul POULAIN <paul.poulain at free.fr> wrote:
>

>>In rel_2_2, kados, hdl and other commited a lot of changes.
>>There is still no changes in the DB, but I think we should call this
>>version 2.4.0
>

> Concerning CVS, how to do you plan to manage branches and releases? Will
> you create a new branch rel_2_4 and a release R_2_4_0 on it? Or will you
> prefer creating a release R_2_4_0 on branch rel_2_2?
>
> The former would be cleaner, since we would be able to continue bug
> fixing on rel_2_2. In my opinion, having a release 2.4.0 on a branch
> 2.2 is very confusing :-/ Maybe only "rel_2_2" CVS branch name is
> inappropriate, but we can't change it (CVS can't rename existing branchs).

You're right Pierrick.
The only problem being that we have only 1 stable branch.
And i'm not sure we have enough strengths to have 2 :-(

I announced when releasing 2.2.5 that it would be the last 2.2 with some
new features. 2.2.6 was supposed to be bugfix only.
Hélas, joshua & chris hacked a lot of things here (why ? I don't know.
Maybe it's to introduce new features that can't wait for 3.0), thus my
"problem".
(The next problem will be to port the improvements to head...)

I think we had better stay with rel_2_2 branch code. But i'll tag the
2.4.0 with a 2.4.0 tag.

Question to chris & joshua : do you think you'll add new features after
2.4.0 or can you promise you'll work only on HEAD ? ;-)

(that would be the best solution, imho)

--
Paul POULAIN et Henri Damien LAURENT
Consultants indépendants