[Koha-devel] Koha 2.2.6 = version numbering + Roadmap

Joshua Ferraro jmf at liblime.com
Wed Mar 8 20:01:10 CET 2006

On Wed, Mar 08, 2006 at 01:55:33PM +0100, Paul POULAIN wrote:
> I announced when releasing 2.2.5 that it would be the last 2.2 with some
> new features. 2.2.6 was supposed to be bugfix only.
> Hélas, joshua & chris hacked a lot of things here (why ? I don't know.
> Maybe it's to introduce new features that can't wait for 3.0), thus my
> "problem".
In fact, the primary work that chris and I hacked on was in fact
a bugfix for the MARC editor, not a new feature. This applies to
several other things I've worked on as well.

It's also true that I have added what could be considered 'minor'
features to rel_2_2. The main consideration being that the work
required in updating a customer with all of the liblime customizations
was far exceeding my resources. Creating several new system preferences
has enabled me to keep all customers on a stock CVS release rather than
maintain my own seperate repository.

> (The next problem will be to port the improvements to head...)
Of course, I fully intend to port all the improvements I've made
to HEAD ...

> I think we had better stay with rel_2_2 branch code. But i'll tag the
> 2.4.0 with a 2.4.0 tag.
>
> Question to chris & joshua : do you think you'll add new features after
> 2.4.0 or can you promise you'll work only on HEAD ? ;-)
I will only work on HEAD, unless a customer requires a bugfix (like
they did with the MARC editor).

Cheers,

--
Joshua Ferraro               VENDOR SERVICES FOR OPEN-SOURCE SOFTWARE