[Koha-devel] Information on arabic and Unicode on Koha

Paul POULAIN paul.poulain at free.fr
Thu Mar 9 12:19:23 CET 2006

Armelle Nedelec a écrit :
> Hello
>
> I've heard that a team is working on arabic in Koha. Do you know of it and
> would it be possible to contact (and help) them ?
>
> What's the current status of utf-8 and Koha ?

In fact you're at the right place to contact them ;-)

Chris, joshua, henri-damien, pierrick and I are working hard on utf8.
We still have many problems, that I can summarize :
* create the zebra DB in utf8
* manage mySQL in utf8 and communication between mySQL and Perl
* migrate a 2.2 DB (in iso8859-1) to utf8.

--
Paul POULAIN et Henri Damien LAURENT
Consultants indépendants