[Koha-devel] reports/reservereport and circ/reserve.pl duplicate

Owen Leonard oleonard at athenscounty.lib.oh.us
Fri Mar 10 18:08:29 CET 2006

I'm glad work is being done on reserve lists, but even with two to choose
from I'm not satisfied!  Here's the features of the PHP-based reserve list
script that we use here:

First, the librarian is offered these choices:
 -- branch (or all branches)
 -- date: Today, Last 5 Days, or All Dates

The reserve list that is generated shows:
 -- Patron name, card number, and phone number
 -- Item title, barcode, call number
 -- Reserve date and destination branch

Our list can be reordered by column (title, call no., patron, or date), but
the default is ordering by call number. That makes it easy to print out a
list and go down the shelves to pull books.

What we /can't/ use is a list that doesn't filter by branch and that
doesn't limit to current pending reserves on available items.  I can see
the utility of being able to generate full reports of reserves, but to have
the list by default pull up all reserves for all dates and all branches...
that doesn't work in real-world situation. Trying to use /circ/reserve.pl
with NPL's data crashes my browser because it's such a huge list.

We're getting closer with the options on offer, but we're not there yet!

  -- Owen

----
Nelsonville Public Library
http://www.athenscounty.lib.oh.us