[Koha-devel] RE: MARC Label in English

Paul POULAIN paul.poulain at free.fr
Mon Mar 13 17:18:02 CET 2006

Alan Hopkinson a écrit :
> I hope that a version of KOHA will be done for UNIMARC as well as MARC21. It is widely used in Europe, the Far East and developing countries particularly outside the Anglo-American world.
It's quite easy to have a version of UNIMARC in english :you just need
to fill marc_subfield_structure and marc_tag_structure.
How did we write UNIMARC as well as MARC21 files 3 years ago ?
we had some volunteers that wrote a spreadsheet, with the following
columns :
* tag value (200)
* repeatible (1=yes, 0=no)
* mandatory (1=yes, 0=no)
* description (title & responsability)

and another one with :
* tag value (200)
* subfield value (a)
* repeatible (1=yes, 0=no)
* mandatory (1=yes, 0=no)
* description (main title)

If you send me such a file, I could easily include it in Koha (official
release)

HTH

--
Paul POULAIN et Henri Damien LAURENT