[Koha-devel] Koha Foundation: Free Software Foundation

Chris Cormack chris at katipo.co.nz
Thu Mar 30 22:42:19 CEST 2006

On Thu, Mar 30, 2006 at 04:11:47PM +0200, Paul POULAIN said:
> Chris Cormack a ?crit :
> >Irma Birchall wrote:
>
> >Think of the FSF as a lawyer who you get to write an agreement for you.
> >They wrote a license that thousands of Free Software projects around the
> >world use to distribute their software.
>
> Not exactly true : we use FSF this way.
> But we COULD give the copyright to FSF. FSF told everywhere that "they
> can sue anyone stealing a GPL software, but only if THEY hold the
> copyright".
> Unless I'm missing something, the @ is hold by katipo :
> #!/usr/bin/perl
> # Copyright 2000-2002 Katipo Communications
> #
> # This file is part of Koha.
> #
> <snip>

Not all of it is,

misc/translator/po/default_intranet_zh_TW.po:# Copyright 2004-2005 Ambrose Li
misc/translator/po/default_opac_pl_PL.po:# Copyright 2004 Benedykt P. Barszcz
C4/Amazon.pm:# Copyright 2004-2005 Joshua Ferraro (jmf at kados dot org)
misc/overduenotices.pl:# Copyright 2003 Skemotah Solutions
misc/Install.pm:# Contains parts Copyright 2003-4 MJ Ray

Etc, but yes the majority is. You are right, we could assign copyright to
the FSF .. I dont think anyone is proposing to do that though are they?

Chris
027 4500 789                                       Katipo Communications Ltd
chris at katipo.co.nz                                          www.katipo.co.nz