[Koha-devel] notforloan rule

Paul POULAIN paul.poulain at free.fr
Mon May 15 15:03:01 CEST 2006

Pierrick LE GALL a écrit :
> Hi koha-devel,
>
> Working on C4::Reserves2 and associated scripts, I'm wondering what is
> the rule to say an item is not for loan?
>
> In the database, we have itemtypes.notforloan and items.notforloan. In
> the authorised values for category "STATUS" I have 5 values from 0 to 5
> (with no 3). In my items table, most of my items have NULL as
> notforloan value. In my itemtypes table, notforloan is either
> "loanable" or "excluded from loan".

itemtypes.notforloan=1 means no item can be issued, whatever it's status.
items.notforloan works as it : any "true" value means "YES".
So null & 0 both mean "no" => the book can be issued, (if
itemtypes.notforloan=0)
1,2,3,... mean "yes" => this item can't be issued (because it's
"excluded", "being repaired", or whatever position the library can give

--
Paul POULAIN et Henri Damien LAURENT
Consultants indépendants