[Koha-devel] NEW branch on rel_2_2 : authorities

Henri-Damien LAURENT laurenthdl at alinto.com
Tue May 16 15:03:56 CEST 2006

Hi,
I am working for a network which needs a pretty high standard stuff on
authorities with multi hierarchical authorities and a good summary feature.
We were planning to do it on head but I have a customer review on June,
29. and we fear authorities management in HEAD won't be fair enough by
that time. But we still want Koha stable branches to remain stable.
All the work I shall do will be on a new branch called hdl_auth. This
will allow me to create two subs in Authorities called build_summary and
build_hierarchy. Both will be called whenever an authority is changed
and shall store datas into auth_header tables new fields.
It seems to me that build a summary on the fly would be time consuming
(and tümer seemed to agree to that principle) and building a hierarchy
is a problem that requires many authorities_search for 1 item.

So I will create a branch. I will propose you to test when development
process is over. I shall have to get it work into version 3.0.

Bonne journée.
--
Henri-Damien LAURENT