[Koha-devel] Re: how to automate adding of items.

Paul POULAIN paul.poulain at free.fr
Mon Nov 27 10:29:20 CET 2006

Alex King a écrit :
>> Can anyone point me to any scripts I can start from or suggest better
>> ways to achieve what I'm trying to do?  My thinking is to look at the
>> cgi scripts and see what they are doing behind the scenes and write
>> non-interactive scripts that do the same thing.  My guess is they
>> probably call library routines in the "C4" directory, and I could hook
>> into the same library routines.

All what you describe here is correct. And it's right, it's probably a
nightmare to automate this for 2000 records.

Here comes my question : why can't you use
misc/migration_tools/bulkmarcimport.pl script that will copy the records
in the active DB. The library would just have to add manually items
hereafter if needed ?
This is described on www.kohadocs.org >> migrating your datas to koha 2.2

--
Paul POULAIN et Henri Damien LAURENT