[Koha-devel] about virtual shelves

Paul POULAIN paul.poulain at free.fr
Tue Nov 28 10:13:06 CET 2006

Owen & chris were speaking on the chat, last (my) night of virtual shelves.

2 notes on their discussion :
- I agree it's strange to have virtual shelves based on items. Unless
i'm mistaken, it's something Steve tonnesen wrote, and, as he
disappeared, we will never know if it was a design mistake or a good
idea. I still vote for "designe mistake".

- about deletion of items/virtual shelves : I tried, in
rel_3_0/updatedatabase, to define all SQL constraint to manage such
things. So, virtual shelves entries should no more be connected to
deleted items. However : nothing is done in 2.2 & it requires to have
innoDB & not myIsam table structure (which updatedatabase also achieve)

HTH

--
Paul POULAIN et Henri Damien LAURENT
Consultants indépendants