[Koha-devel] Roadmap meeting ?

Henri-Damien LAURENT laurenthdl at alinto.com
Mon Sep 4 15:51:34 CEST 2006

Hi,
it seems here that we have four Koha versions :
- 2.2.6 quite stable and published VERY soon.
But also :
- devweek based version 2.4 which changes search API and is based on
zebra. It works with US-MARC and is using some zebra features and it is
very appealing as far as facets and OPAC is concerned. We need some
explanations in order to make out what Catsearch3 and Catsearch4 are
there for. Shall they replace catalogsearch ? Shall they be normalized
on catalogsearch API ? What new features they provide ?

- rel_3_0 synching branch 2_2 and devweek and all the previous
development made.

- HEAD which will be based on zebra2.0 and which will highly use XML and
XSLT.

Those three branches are under development and thus are not stable.

The point I am heading to is that Paul and I think it could be great to
have an irc meeting quite soon to gather all those parts together and to
get a clear  information for the status for each branch, therefore make
out a general idea of a roadmap/timeline and how those parts will work
with one another.
And we also need to decide whether to include UTF8DBI.pm and where,
which we favor, as Tumer did at first in HEAD and what to do for CGI
UTF8 support.
To strengthen the project, we should soon join branches so that
developments could be shared by the core team and not be wasted for want
of time or synching hazards.

So, can we schedule an IRC meeting ?

--
Henri-Damien LAURENT