[Koha-devel] dev_week / rel_3_0 zebra API

Paul POULAIN paul.poulain at free.fr
Fri Sep 29 16:57:51 CEST 2006

I want to summarize what is done on dev_week (& synched to rel_3_0) and
check (with Kados) that i'm right :

* cataloguing API :
- joshua, you have modified recently *Biblio.pm* to change the sub
names, to have something using our coding rules. For example,
NEWnewbiblio is now NewBiblio. The parameters seems unchanged.
- we don't see anything commited in acqui.simple/addbiblio.pl and
additem.pl, meaning either you have forgotten to commit them, or that it
is still to be done. Pls tell us ;-)
- AddBiblio / ModBiblio ... are now the ONLY point of entry to add a
biblio. That means the parameter MARC=OFF is definetly gone & abandonned.

* Search API :
- The search on catalogue can be done with Search.pm, subs BuildQuery &
GetRecords. All previous subs (cataloguersearch... are deprecated &
can/will be removed from the code)
- the search in librarian interface is still search.marc/search.pl, and
don't use this new definitive API yet.
- the search in OPAC is search (opac-search.pl & opac-zoomsearch.pl are
deprecated too & can be dropped). Is there a reason why you called it
"search" only (no .pl & no opac-xxx) ?

* where can we help ? we are going to merge the code to rel_3_0 and
continue cleaning, but should we do this on dev_week BEFORE merging, or
on rel_3_0 AFTER merging ?
--
Paul POULAIN et Henri Damien LAURENT
Consultants indépendants