[Koha-devel] RFC - installer changes

Galen Charlton galen.charlton at liblime.com
Thu Dec 13 16:53:50 CET 2007

HI,

Partial response -- more later:

On 12/13/07, MJ Ray <mjr at phonecoop.coop> wrote:
> "Galen Charlton" <galen.charlton at liblime.com> wrote:
> > git repo:
> > http://manage-gmc.dev.kohalibrary.com/koha-installer.git
>
> The branch is called "installer" just in case I'm not the only one
> struggling to figure that out.  After making a dummy branch for it,
> git pull http://manage-gmc.dev.kohalibrary.com/koha-installer.git installer
> seems to work.  How do others manage it?

The master branch on the published repo has the changes.  For testing
the installer on other boxes, I've always just cloned, but making a
new branch in your local repo and doing git pull
http://manage-gmc.dev.kohalibrary.com/koha-installer.git master seems
to work for me as well.

> It conflicts with git.koha.org on the following dependencies:-
[snip]
> I'd've gone with
> 'MARC::Charset' => 0.98,
> 'MARC::Crosswalk::DublinCore' => 0.03,
> 'MARC::File::XML' => 0.88,
> 'MARC::Record' => 2.00,
> but I think I'd have just messed up the branch by doing so.

My version now reflects those choices.  There are some other
dependencies (e.g., POE), that still need to be added; I will do so my
branch in and submit patches for git.koha.org.

> There also seem to be missing deps on XML::LibXSLT and Net::Z3950::ZOOM.

They we already there AFAICT, but in any event I confirm they're present now.

> I see now it's because of this from later in the email:
> > [...] Also, please
> > note that my repository was cloned from HEAD almost two weeks ago and
> > I have not yet  merged in current work, so please bear that in mind.
>
> Merging is usually a download-time+5-minutes task with git, so that's
> a poor excuse to be giving people old development versions, as long as
> you don't think HEAD's QA is letting in new breakages!  Although now
> you've not been merging HEAD, you've got the conflict above to
> resolve...

OK, I was paranoid about git dealing with the moves and changes to the
Zebra configuration files, but I've worked through that (thanks MJ)
and synced with HEAD.  My public git repo is now up-to-date; I will
release a new tarball later today after I make some more changes.

Regards,

Galen
--
Galen Charlton