[Koha-devel] Re: [Koha] premature end of script headers

Rick Welykochy rick at praxis.com.au
Fri Jan 19 04:19:45 CET 2007

Chris Cormack wrote:

> It is, did you check the koha-error_log.

Yup. That is where I saw the cryptic error message:

[Fri Jan 19 00:14:18 2007] [error] [client 192.168.0.3] Premature end of script headers: acqui-home.pl

Nothing else accompanied that message to tell me what was wrong.

OTOH in the shell I could clearly see what went wrong.

IMHO, the koha-error_log should show the same error condition
and messages as the shell.

> There is nothing in the code to stop the error being sent, if its not in
> the error logs its something apache is doing.

Yes, Apache is overriding the error message since no headers have
been output. This is documented at apache.org.

My diatribe in my previous email is how to prevent such behaviour
so that the programmer and Koha maintainer can actually see error
messages.

Anything that makes diadnosing errors and warnings on the web
server is a blessing, from my experience :)

cheers
rickw

--
Rick Welykochy || Praxis Services

The 7 R's of Windows support: retry, restart, reboot, reconfigure,
reinstall, reformat and finally, replace with Linux.