[Koha-devel] (koha 3.0) OPAC search results list

Spencer Anspach sanspach at gmail.com
Fri Jul 6 14:04:36 CEST 2007

While the section

> 2.1.1.  DISABILITY ACCESS.
>
> Keyboard support is an important disability access issue as well.
> Disability access is a matter of law in the US.  Unfortunately, too many
> US libraries seem to ignore the requirements of the Americans with
> Disabilities Act except for wheelchair access at entrances.
>
> It would be nice if Koha could claim to support best practises for
> disability access.

gets my 100% agreement, I can't say the same for everything else.

Specifically,

> 4.  MISSING RECORD ELEMENTS.
>
> Some records in the example result set do not have a main author entry,
> therefore, there is no author entry link for those records in the brief
> result set list.  The brief records should include links to added entry
> authors in addition to main entry authors.

is subject to strenuous debate and I, for one, would argue against
this approach.  I think the difference between main entry author and
added entry author, for those who catalog using rules that include
this concept, is very important.  Where there's no main author entry,
I think the display of the result set should reflect that fact.

Spencer

--
Spencer M. Anspach, Library Systems Analyst/Programmer
Library Information Technology, Indiana University