[Koha-devel] Re: functional description of installer Koha 3.0

MJ Ray mjr at phonecoop.coop
Fri Jul 6 14:40:23 CEST 2007

Paul POULAIN <paul.poulain at free.fr> wrote:
> The later requiring to have files in misc/sql-datas/<language>/<level>

Does misc have to be alongside installer?  It would be good if
sql-datas could be somewhere outside the cgi-bin tree.

[...]
> - install the app somewhere. I think we could keep the exact directory
> structure we have in CVS. one virtual host having cgi-bin pointing to
> /opac, the intranet one pointing to / The security risk risk (executing
> a script in misc for example) could be avoided with a .htaccess) I don't
> think we need to to things too much complex.

I think I disagree - I'd really like to keep the cgi-bin in one tree
and other file types in other trees, to stop people somehow executing
a template, C4 module or config file.  Makefile.PL now in CVS HEAD is
a start of this.  perldoc should show the documentation for it.

> - write httpd.conf
> - write koha.conf

These will be made by a Makeconfig.PL which I've yet to commit.

Hope that helps,
Experienced webmaster-developers for hire http://www.ttllp.co.uk/
Also: statistician, sysadmin, online shop builder, workers co-op.