[Koha-devel] Status of head (some infos)

Paul POULAIN paul.poulain at free.fr
Thu Jun 21 18:45:34 CEST 2007

Hello all,

I've installed, as previously said, what will be Koha 3.0 in 2
libraries. Here is a summary of some missing things that have to be done :
Installer
==========
i've installed from CVS. the 2.2 installer has to be rewritten almost
completly, as :
1- the librarian part of the install is now done through the webinstaller
2- the config file has heavily changed (.conf => .xml)

Does anyone plan to work on that in the next 2 months ?

MARC editor
============
The actual MARC editor has some limits :
- the code is ugly (i've written most of it, I assume the ugliness ;-) )
- the templates are heavy & hard to maintain
- the indicators are poorly written
- duplicating a field requires a form submission, thus it's slow

So, i've asket toins to rewrite the editor. There won't be new major
features, it's just a "code cleaning" and "very complex bug fixing".

Fines and Overdues
===================
SAN-OP has commited some interesting features about fines and overdues.
Except they work only if you have fines on overdues. Which is not the
cas of every libraries. we will fix this problem asap (1 of our 2 koha
3.0 libraries don't have fines, but they want to be able to know which
borrowers have overdues)
I'll also have to describe a little bit what SAN-OP features does...

Letters
========
The new letters system is not yet used everywhere : suggestion accept or
reject for example, still have to be completed

Database commit
A fresh install from the CVS won't work at all, i'm almost sure.

I'll commit a uptodate koha.sql and updated UNIMARC frameworks asap.
I'll let libLime or anyone else work on MARC21.

waiting for your feedback. Don't hesitate to add entries if i've
forgotten something...

--
Paul POULAIN et Henri Damien LAURENT
Consultants indépendants en logiciels libres et bibliothéconomie