[Koha-devel] database for Koha 3.0 : database schema cleaning

Paul POULAIN paul.poulain at free.fr
Tue Jun 26 15:23:32 CEST 2007

Hello all,

i've committed a .sql file with uptodate SQL structure for Koha 3.0
($KOHA/installer/kohastructure.sql), but get some question :
- are the labels, label_conf, C4/Labels.pm, ... still needed ? by the
label editor ? looking at Labels.pm, there is a reference to
labels_templates table that I've never seen anywhere. Something missing ?

- mediatypetable seems useless (used only by admin/mediatype.pl script,
that is not used by anything) I've removed this table, cry if I was wrong

- I had a sessionqueries table, that was empty and never used in CVS, i
dropped it too

- I've a category and subcategorytable tables that are called only by
admin/itemtype[sub]category.pl, what are they done for ? They had been
commited by genjimoto in 2005-06, and never updated (except "automatic"
code cleaning) I removed both. Cry if I was wrong

- I removed the uploadedmarc table, that was a reminder of something
made by steve T. iirc, and no more useful

Waiting for your feedback if something is wrong in this cleaning.

--
Paul POULAIN et Henri Damien LAURENT
Consultants indépendants en logiciels libres et bibliothéconomie