[Koha-devel] functional description of installer Koha 3.0

Paul POULAIN paul.poulain at free.fr
Tue Jun 26 16:29:10 CEST 2007

(it is just my proposal)

hdl wrote installer/webinstall.pl for the librarian part of the install.

It requires :
- having the virtualhost up and running
- having mysql login/password

The installer :
- creates the database from kohastructure.sql
- let the user choose some files to updload to get a working koha
immediatly.

The later requiring to have files in misc/sql-datas/<language>/<level>
I don't have updated french files,but I'll do it quickly.

I've fixed a bug in installer, I think it works better now.

So, the technical part of the setup just requires :

- install the app somewhere. I think we could keep the exact directory
structure we have in CVS. one virtual host having cgi-bin pointing to
/opac, the intranet one pointing to / The security risk risk (executing
a script in misc for example) could be avoided with a .htaccess) I don't
think we need to to things too much complex.

- write httpd.conf

- write koha.conf

--
Paul POULAIN et Henri Damien LAURENT
Consultants indépendants en logiciels libres et bibliothéconomie