[Koha-devel] new feature : catalogue browsing

Paul POULAIN paul.poulain at free.fr
Wed Mar 7 17:25:16 CET 2007

Serhij Dubyk Сергій Дубик a écrit :
> very nice & usefull feature
>
> Paul POULAIN-2 wrote:
>> I've just commited a new feature, called "catalogue browsing".
>> A new script in misc/cronjobs/build_browser_and_cloud.pl will fill 2 new
>> tables.
>> It should be easy to add english dewey, Loc classification or any other
>> hierarchic classification.
>>
> It is planning to include it in near future version of Koha?
> In which initial data format need to be prepared
>  such classification?
> In our country widelly used UDC and BBK clasifications.

Hi Serhij,

It will be in 3.0 (and can be activated or not, depending on a
systempreference)
It relies on a script that builg the "browse tree" by loading the
catalogue and filling a specific table.
The script can easily be modified to use whatever you want as tree branches.
I did it for dewey, but it's virtually possible to do it for any
classification, even a local one.
For example, if you want to build a very complex "tree" you can (for
example : leaf X => items with barcode <100 000, leaf XB => items with
barcode <100 000 and branch=B, leaf XB1 => items with barcode <100 000
and branch=B and callnumber start by 1) ...

I agree that this feature can still be improved to be more user friendly
: atm, it requires quite to hack the script that builds the tree,
nothing less, nothing more.

--
Paul POULAIN et Henri Damien LAURENT
Consultants indépendants