[Koha-devel] rss

Chris Cormack crc at liblime.com
Mon May 7 17:47:59 CEST 2007

On 7/05/2007, at 9:11 PM, Owen Leonard wrote:

>>> Im not sure what you mean by adding rss to to the database. Do you
>>> mean Koha should be able to output RSS, if so, it already can.
>>>
>> I can't quite figure out how to enable the RSS feeds, which would
>> be very
>> nice. I have read the README, but I'm still unclear how to set the
>> lastAcquired.conf file.
>
> RSS in Koha current releases is REALLY rough at this stage. It's
> unfortunate, because there's a significant technical barrier to
> getting
> them working. These are some of the steps you have to take:

<snip>
> The other developers can correct any inaccuracies in this
> description--it's
> been a while since I tried to mess with Koha's RSS. But the point
> still
> stands: Not very useful yet!

Yep thats one way of doing it.
The other way is to create an rss (or indeed any xml) template for
the page you want.
For example if you had an rss template for the search results screen
you could have an rss feed of the results of any search, including
the last acquired one.

Or you can do what the current NPL koha has done.
http://search.athenscounty.lib.oh.us/search?q=fish
(this is only in dev_week at the moment as far as I know)

I think the having a set of templates for the pages you want is
probably the best way to go, if someone who knew the syntax wanted to
have a go at that, it could be added really fast.

Chris
Chris Cormack                            chris.cormack at liblime.com
VP Research and Development                        www.liblime.com
LibLime                                             +64 21 542 131