[Koha-devel] koha 3 installation, some battles won, but war seems lost still...

Vincent Danjean Vincent.Danjean at ens-lyon.org
Thu Nov 29 20:10:57 CET 2007

Ignacio Javier wrote:
> 8. Browse to http://servername:8080/ and answer the questions
>
> Fails twice:
>
>  1:: ** FAILED BUT SOLVED **, was a ZOOM module not found (perhaps should be
> detected in Makefile.PL). This requires libyaz-dev (debian standard distro)
> **NOT libyaz2** .I uninstalled previously installed libyaz2 from:
> http://www-id.imag.fr/Laboratoire/Membres/Danjean_Vincent/deb.html,
> ....which seems incompatible with libyaz and so with zebra.

Where do you find libyaz-dev ? Which version ?
Debian oldstable had a libyaz, but stable, testing and unstable have only libyaz2.
Can you give me the output of "apt-cache policy libyaz libyaz2" ?

If, as I suspect, you installed a more recent version from upstream yaz,
I hope the debian package will be upgraded soon (a few weeks). I'm currently
trying to reach the actual maintainer and to take its package if he does not
answer.

I will make another post about Debian and Koha

  Regards,
    Vincent

Vincent Danjean       GPG key ID 0x9D025E87         vdanjean at debian.org
GPG key fingerprint: FC95 08A6 854D DB48 4B9A  8A94 0BF7 7867 9D02 5E87
Unofficial pacakges: http://www-id.imag.fr/~danjean/deb.html#package
APT repo:  deb http://perso.debian.org/~vdanjean/debian unstable main