[Koha-devel] items.ccode or items.itype ?

Ryan Higgins ryan.higgins at liblime.com
Thu Nov 15 05:40:35 CET 2007

Yes, sorry for the flip-flop.  I had seen that `itype` was removed from
items table in
updatedatabase, so reinterpreted 'ccode' as 'circ code'.  As it turns out,
we really need
to have two means of classification at the item level, and itype was still
defined in the framework.
So items.itype is intended to be mapped to itemtypes.
biblioitems.itemtype still exists, because completely moving itemtype
to the item level seemed to likely to introduce bugs.   With the system
preference
'item-level_itypes' ON, biblioitems.itemtype has a couple of display
functions, and should
be set.  A plugin should populate items.itype from biblioitems.itemtype,
giving a 'default'
value.

items.ccode is intended as 'Collection Code', linked to an
authorised_value.

Ryan Higgins
LibLime