[Koha-devel] Koha Day - CGI::Carp error handling

Mason James mtj at liblime.com
Thu Sep 27 13:19:23 CEST 2007

On 24/09/2007, at 6:26 PM, MJ Ray wrote:

> Mason James <mtj at liblime.com> wrote:
>> The CGI::Carp stuff has been added near the start of Output.pm, so
>> it's set up nice and early to handle (and output) any later errors.
>> I committed the CGI::Carp stuff to dev_week, but if people like the
>> idea, I'll commit it to rel_3 too...
>
> I wonder whether Output is the best place for this, or whether it
> should be loaded in Context too if possible, which many scripts load
> first and may encounter database- or config-related problems IIRC.
>
> Can this be committed to git, please?

Hiya MJR,

Yes, Context.pm was my first choice too :)

I just did a search thru the koha3 code...
and Context.pm is called 337 times, compared to Output.pm's 279 times

So i think Context.pm wins.

Ill test and commit this to koha3 git tomorrow

Cheers, Mason

Mason James                                mason.james at liblime.com
Programmer                                         www.liblime.com
LibLime                                             +64 21 542 117