[Koha-devel] question/problem with date

Galen Charlton galen.charlton at liblime.com
Wed Apr 2 15:54:00 CEST 2008

Hi,

On Wed, Apr 2, 2008 at 5:30 AM, Paul POULAIN <paul.poulain at free.fr> wrote:
 >  It seems that the C4::Dates::format_date function, has a small problem :
>  if the incoming date is 0000-00-00, then the result is : 02/00/0, which
>  is not really a date.
>  I think we should get a '' (nothing) in this case.

I think format_date should return "" or (better) undef in this case.
Right now it does print a warning, but as I recall it currently
doesn't return undef in order maintain backwards compatibility with
code that used C4::Date.

Doing this would require going through a lot of code that uses
format_date(), of course.  Also, I think we should remove usage of
"0000-00-00" to signify a unset date; this should be NULL in database
columns and undef in code.

Regards,

Galen
--