[Koha-devel] migrate from Koha-2.9 to koha-3-Beta

Ricardo Dias Marques lists at ricmarques.net
Wed Apr 2 16:19:13 CEST 2008

Hi Roxana... and everyone else!  :)

On Mon, Mar 31, 2008, Roxana Luz Fleipaz <roxanaluz at gmail.com> wrote:

> One of you can help me to migrate from Koha-2.9 to koha-3-Beta

I think that you mean Koha 2.2.9 (and not Koha 2.9).

There is a tutorial in the Koha Developer Wiki - http://wiki.koha.org
- that walks through the migration process from Koha 2.2 to Koha 3.0.

That tutorial (HOWTO / guide...) is located at:

Upgrading from Koha 2.2 to Koha 3.0
http://wiki.koha.org/doku.php?id=22_to_30

I have NOT tried to follow those instructions yet, but I will probably
have to do it later on: I have a development environment running Koha
2.2.8 and a production environment running Koha 2.2.9, which will need
to be migrated.

> The operating system I use is Red Hat Enterprice 5 licensed.

Well, my development environment does run a RHEL (Red Hat Enterprise
Linux) "clone"/rebuild distribution, but it's a clone of RHEL version
4 (not 5). Besides, that machine will probably be discontinued or
"migrated" to openSUSE 10.3 (or SLES 10 - SUSE Linux Enterprise Server
10).

Best wishes,
Ricardo Dias Marques
lists AT ricmarques DOT net