[Koha-devel] Redundant max results system prefs?

Joshua Ferraro jmf at liblime.com
Tue Apr 8 18:44:34 CEST 2008

On Tue, Apr 8, 2008 at 12:08 PM, Owen Leonard <oleonard at myacpl.org> wrote:
> I see three different system prefs related to the number of search
>  results displayed on a page:
>
>  maxItemsInSearchResults: Specify the maximum number of items to
>  display for each result on a page of results
>  numSearchResults: Specify the maximum number of results to display on
>  a page of results
>  OPACnumSearchResults     Specify the maximum number of results to display
>  on a page of results
>
>  Are the latter two more current than the first? I find references to
>  all three in the code. Can we get rid of maxItemsInSearchResults?
The first one is a bit missleading. It refers to the max number of
items to display per
bib on the results page. Just image if you had a serial with 300
items, you wouldn't
want to display them all. or if you were in a library with 400 copies
of a book ...

Cheers,

--
Joshua Ferraro SUPPORT FOR OPEN-SOURCE SOFTWARE
CEO migration, training, maintenance, support