[Koha-devel] FW: [Koha] Fines for Short Loan Items

Bernard Shiundu BShiundu at strathmore.edu
Fri Apr 11 17:07:46 CEST 2008

Bumped into the mail below on the general list, just cross-posting with a small comment/question

I had this same issue and solved it in rel2_2 (which I'm currently running in production) by porting the reserve circulation code from koha neu. The way it worked/works is that items circulating on the hour are issued in a separate circulation module (similar to the 'normal' one) with the data being stored in reserve circulation table and overdue fines being calculated on the fly and posted to accountlines when the item is returned rather than as a cron job. Before I start working on porting it to Koha 3 and submitting my code, is anybody working on this for Koha 3? Don't want to re-invent the wheel ;)

Bernard Shiundu
Systems Librarian, Strathmore University